Here is issue #017 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Rails 6.1 adds support for where with a comparison operator: Rails 6.1 adds support to comparison operator in the where clause.
2. How to speed up assets precompile for Ruby on Rails apps: This short article will help you improve the performance of your app with some minor changes 🚀.
3. A Fast Car Needs Good Brakes: An interesting article on how Heroku added client rate throttling to their platform-api gem.
4. Rails 6.1 allows enums attributes to configure the default value: Rails 6.1 makes it easier to configure a default value for Active Record enum attributes ✌️.
5. 2021 Fukuoka Ruby Award Competition: If you have developed an interesting Ruby program recently, consider applying! 💎
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.