Here is issue #022 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Ruby 3.0.0 Preview 1 Released: The first preview of Ruby 3.0 is finally here! We're trying it right now and we'll have a new article soon on the FastRuby blog, so stay tuned! 💎
2. Potential Vulnerability in WEBrick: A potential HTTP request smuggling vulnerability in WEBrick was reported. We recommend upgrading the webrick gem as soon as you can. 🔓
3. Performance improvement in super: A new PR submitted by eileencodes improves the performance of super. Very interesting! 🚀
4. New deprecations in Rails 6.1: Rails 6.1 deprecates rails db:structure:load and rails db:structure:dump tasks.
5. Puma 5 got faster: Puma 5 was released and it brings several new experimental performance features. 🚀
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.