Here is issue #005 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Why is it important to upgrade your Rails application?: These are some of the most important reasons in our opinion to upgrade your Rails application.
2. Dockerizing a Ruby on Rails application: A really comprehensive article to learn how to use Docker with Rails 🐳.
3. Ways to set attributes in ActiveRecord and Rails 6: A cheat sheet highlighting the differences between all the methods available for setting attributes in Rails 6.
4. Performance improvements in Rubygems: Here there's an interesting PR that makes the rubygems plugin system faster 🚀.
5. Handling Ruby 2.7 deprecations warnings: This article will help you get prepared for Ruby 3.0 💎.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
Founder & Software Engineer at fastruby.io (we upgrade your Rails app so you don't have to...)