Here is issue #007 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. NYC.rb meetup: If you are in New York City next week, make sure to check out Ernesto's talk about Escaping the Tar Pit 💎.
2. Rails 6.1 added strict_loading mode: This will prevent lazy loading of ActiveRecord associations.
3. Vulnerability in Puma: Puma had a security bug where attackers can use newline characters to end the header and inject malicious content. Make sure to update to the latest version to receive a patch for it 🔓.
4. Horizontal sharding in Rails 6.1: Applications can now connect to multiple shards and switch between their shards in an application.
5. Rails mistakes that could kill your production servers: A list of some non-obvious Ruby on Rails mistakes that could bring down your production system ☠️.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.