Here is issue #020 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Ruby will release version 3.0 later this year: Matz confirmed earlier this week that Ruby 3.0 is on its way. 🚀
2. How to check if your test suite is ready for a Rails Upgrade: An interesting article explaining how to use SimpleCov to see if your application is ready to be upgraded.
3. Rails adds a minimal flag to generate a new application: Generating a Rails application with minimal frameworks is now possible with this new flag. 💯
4. What are the Code Coverage Metrics for Ruby on Rails?: A fascinating article that digs deep into test coverage for Ruby on Rails.
5. Upgrading GitHub to Ruby 2.7: A very informative blog post about GitHubs experience upgrading to Ruby 2.7.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.