Here is issue #024 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. How is the Performance of Ruby 3.0.0-preview1?: How does the new previews performance stack up on Rails? And how reliable are these numbers? 💎
2. Rails 6.1 adds order DESC support in batch methods: Before Rails 6.1, batch processing methods like find_each, find_in_batches and in_batches didn’t support the ORDER BY clause. By default the order was set to id ASC.
3. How We Estimate The Size of a Rails Application: Understand the size and complexity of a Rails application. 📏
4. What is the Best EC2 Instance Type for Rails Apps?: Find out what type of EC2 instances should you run your Rails app on.
5. Three Ruby Performance Myths: Very interesting perspective on three common myths about Ruby’s performance. 🚀
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!