Here is issue #86 of our newsletter, for news and the best tools for your current or future Rails projects…
1. 🎯 It's here! Rails 7.1 was released on October 5th, 2023. This release includes Dockerfiles support using Kamal in order to deploy your application, authentication improvements, support for bun and enhanced autoloading.
2. 🚀 Follow along and learn how Igor at JetRockets attacked the Rails 7.1 upgrade for OneTribe.
🚨 With every new release comes inquiries and worries about tech debt and upgrading. For many it is a daunting task, we are always here to guide clients to the best options for them and their budget.
The biggest hindrance to innovation within your web application is mounting, unresolved technical debt. Choosing to operate on an old version of Rails is more costly than addressing it head-on, now.
Don’t have time to upgrade your Rails app?
We offer Roadmaps and full-service upgrades!
Don't have the budget for a Roadmap and full-service upgrade?
That's why we developed 🌳 Bonsai, an expert Ruby & Rails technical debt remediation service. Packages start at $2k/month.
3. 🕐 While convenient, it is not always the right option. Need help identifying the right time to use ‘rails app:update’?
4. ⚡ Schema Changes: Choosing the right approach when updating Rails 7.
5. ✨ Learn more about the magic of Mastering Variables and Constants in Ruby. Understanding variables and constants will unlock the flexibility and consistency of your Ruby code.
Bookmark them, share them, or save them. We hope you found these links useful ;)
The FastRuby.io Team