Here is issue #029 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
1. Ruby 3.0.0 Released: The final release of Ruby 3 is here! 💎✌️
2. How to Prepare Your Rails App for an Upgrade: This article covers the most important aspects that you need to know to prepare your Ruby on Rails application for working on an upgrade.
3. How to Upgrade from Turbolinks to Hotwire & Turbo: Great screencast on how you can start using Hotwire and Turbo. 📺
4. Make your Rails App Faster on Heroku: This article will show you how to diagnose and speed up slow Rails apps on the Heroku platform. 🚀
5. Rails 6.1 adds strict_loading to warn lazy loading associations: Rails 6.1 adds strict_loading mode which can be enabled per record, association, model or across the whole application.
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.
* Want to know what upgrading to 6.1 would require? You have a week to request an audit for $2,000 before our price increases.
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 6.2.