Here is issue #031 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
1. Dual Booting Issues in Rails: Solving dual booting issues when changes aren't backwards compatible. 🔧
2. Behind The Scenes: Devise: This article goes over the Devise code related to the basic database authentication process, how it relates to Warden and some of the magic behind it. 🔐
3. Rails 6.1 adds support for PostgreSQL interval data type: PostgreSQL Interval Data Type allows us to store a duration/period of time. It also allows us to perform arithmetic operations on that interval.
4. Rails News: Summary of the latest changes that happened in Rails.
5. RBS: A New Ruby 3 Typing Language in Action: A great article about RBS, a new syntax language for dynamic typing in Ruby. 💎
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.
* Want to know what upgrading to 6.1 would require? Request an audit to find out what catching up will require.
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 6.2.