Here is issue #035 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Rails 5.2.5, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 have been released: If you're still having issues with the mimemagic dependency, these new Rails versions might save your day. 🚀
2. Rails 7 adds Enumerable#in_order_of: Rails 7 introduces the Enumerable#in_order_of method, by which we can order and constrain any enumerable collection using a key-series pair.
3. The S in Solid: This article will help you learn more about the Single Responsibility Principle in Object Oriented design.
4. How GitHub Found and Fixed a Rare Race Condition in Its Session Handling: A very interesting article on how GitHub fixed a recent bug in their system.
5. Docker Basics for Ruby on Rails Developers: A great video tutorial on how to get started with Docker. 🐳
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.
* Want to know what upgrading to 6.1 would require? Request an audit to find out what catching up will require.
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!