Here is issue #037 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Building with Hotwire: This article shows you how you can get started building with Hotwire. ⚡
2. Rails 7 adds Enumerable#sole: This method can be used to find and assert the presence of exactly one element in the enumerable. 🔍
3. Rails 6.1 new framework defaults: When you run rails app:update on a Rails 6.0 app, it creates a file with 16 new default configuration settings. This article explains what they do and how you should use them.
4. Realtime Rails with Hotwire & ActionMailbox: GoRails just released a new screencast about realtime Rails. Check it out. ▶️
5. Rails 7 allows constructors on has_one :through associations: Rails 7 now allows build_association and create_association on has_one :through associations.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!