Here is issue #040 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Upgrade Rails from 6.0 to 6.1: This article covers the most important aspects that you need to know to get your Ruby on Rails application from version 6.0 to 6.1. 🚀
2. Upgrading from Sprockets to Webpacker: In this podcast, Ariel Juodziukynas from OmbuLabs joins the Ruby Rogues to talk about how to upgrade your Ruby on Rails application from Sprockets to Webpacker. 🎧
3. Latest Updates from Ruby on Rails: Active Record Encryption, several performance optimizations, and much more!
4. Matz's keynote from Euruko 2021: Check out Matz's keynote talk from Euruko 2021 - Beyond Ruby 3.0. ▶️
5. Ruby 3 JIT can make Rails faster: An answer to why Rails is slow with JIT and how Ruby 3 JIT can make Rails faster. 💎
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.
* Want to know what upgrading to 6.1 would require? Request an audit to find out what catching up will require.
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!