Here is issue #042 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Ruby 3.0.2, 2.7.4, and 2.6.8 have been released.: These versions include security fixes. Make sure to upgrade. 🔐
2. Under the Hood of the includes Method in Rails: An explanation of how includes works and in which case we should be using it.
3. Understanding How Rbenv, RubyGems And Bundler Work Together: A look into how the pieces involved in Ruby dependency management work together.
4. The L in SOLID:
5. Rails 7 adds previously_persisted? method to ActiveRecord: This article showcases the new method previously_persisted? that returns whether an object was part of a database table in the past and now is deleted. 🛤️
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer and a Senior React.js Engineer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!