Here is issue #043 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Rails 6.1.4 has been released: View the changelogs to see what was added. 🗒️
2. The I in SOLID: This is the fourth post in the series where we take a deeper look at each of the SOLID principles.
3. Rails 7 adds support for `if_exists/if_not_exists` on `remove_foreign_key/add_foreign_key`: This maintains the same behavior as Rails 6.1 across add/remove constraints of databases. 🔑
4. Active Record Encryption: A look at the new application-level encryption that will be available for ActiveRecord in Rails 7.
5. Adding support for cross-cluster associations to Rails 7: The team at GitHub documents their experience of building Rails support for handling associations across clusters.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer and a Senior React.js Engineer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!