Here is issue #044 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Webpack ALL the Assets!: In this blog post, our senior developer Ariel Juodziukynas shows how to create a Rails app that only uses Webpack to handle assets. 🎒
2. Using ActiveRecord's #update_counters to Prevent Race Conditions: A look into how to use this ActiveRecord feature to avoid race conditions when incrementing or decrementing values in the database.
3. Hotwire Turbo Replacing Rails UJS: In this episode of Drifting Ruby, David Kimura looks at how to reimplement functionality found in Rails UJS with Hotwire’s Turbo and Stimulus. 🔥
4. Ruby 3.1 adds try_convert method to Integer class for implicit conversions: This article explains the new `try_convert` method added to Ruby 3.1.
5. A Sneak Peak of Ruby’s new Debugger: A sneak peak at `debug`, the new debugger that will be included in Ruby 3.1. 🪲
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer and a Senior React.js Engineer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!