Here is issue #034 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Upgrade Ruby from 2.7 to 3.0: This article covers the most important aspects that you need to know to get to the latest version of Ruby. 💎
2. RailsConf Workshop | Upgrading Rails: The Dual-Boot Way: We're happy to announce that next month we'll be conducting a workshop at RailsConf. 🎉
3. Announcing Standard Ruby 1.0: The popular Ruby style guide, linter, and formatter just released version 1.0.0! ✌️
4. Rails 7 adds ActiveRecord::Relation#excluding: This is one of the latest changes that happened in the Rails repo.
5. Yukihiro Matsumoto: "Do not fight developer instincts": A very interesting interview with Matz. It's also available in video format.
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
The FastRuby.io team.
* Want to know what upgrading to 6.1 would require? Request an audit to find out what catching up will require.
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!