Here is issue #036 of our newsletter, where we collect news and tools that we find interesting for your Rails project.
1. Ruby 3.0.1, 2.7.3, 2.6.7, 2.5.9 have been released: These new versions include a security fix. Make sure to upgrade.🔒
2. Rails 7 introduces Active Record Encryption: This new feature might replace some of the encryption gems that many applications use.
3. Measuring the Impact of Software Maintenance: Learn how you can show the value of performing maintenance. 🔧
4. Rails 7 allows constructors on has_one :through associations: A new interesting change for the upcoming version of Rails.
5. How to use Stripe Checkout in Rails: A great screencast covering all you need to know to get started with Stripe and Rails. 💸
We hope you find these links useful. Feel free to forward it to your friends! ;)
Have a nice week!
* Already on 6.1? Check out our Stay Up To Date service so you can be ready for Rails 7.0.
We are hiring! We are looking for a Senior Rails Developer interested in joining a fully remote and collaborative team. Learn more at https://ombulabs.com/jobs. Come work with us!